Wyandot County Public Health offers lead testing to children age 9 months through age 6 years by appointment. There is a fee for lead testing. Ohio Medicaid Insurance programs will pay for this test. Education regarding lead poisoning prevention is a vital component of our lead prevention program. Follow up is provided for those children who have an elevated lead level.
Your child may be at risk for lead poisoning.
Does your child…
- Live in or regularly visit a house built before 1950?
- Live in or visit a house that has peeling, chipping, dusting, or chalking paint?
- Live in or visit a house built before 1978 with recent, ongoing or planned renovation/remodeling?
- Have a sibling or playmate that has or did have lead poisoning?
- Frequently come in contact with an adult who has a hobby or works with lead? Examples are construction, welding, pottery, painting and casting ammunition.
A blood lead level is indicated if the answer to any question is positive. Call the Wyandot County Public Health for an appointment or for more information at 419-294-3852.